Dutch today...














I changed a few things....after experimenting with colors, decided to replace the yellow in the stripe of the quilt with the same green that is in the pattern....to mellow it out....then got rid of the rest of the yellow, decided to stay with the red, green and blues alone to keep the quilt from popping out too much. After the contrast is created around and on Dutch I think this will work better....and I may gray out the back (top) edge also. I started laying in the shadows.....more to come!

Comments

scus said…
Good choice with the colors, looking very good!!
Pat said…
I do so very much need your feedback - I need to look at it through someone else's eyes : )
Thanks
Chris G. said…
The green is a good choice, Pat. Makes the stripe fade into the background a little. Just some food for thought- even if I change the type of fiber between Dutch and the background, if they're both gray, he won't pop very well. He'll tend to blend in with the background. Maybe another color? Shades of dark blue possibly? Shadows are tough to needlepoint properly. Just more to think about :) Looks great- Chris G.
Pat said…
I am so glad to get feedback from you before it is finished! New territory for me, this is : )
I see what you mean and will do my shadowing in a dark blue, so he will pop right out at you!
Chris G. said…
I'm glad you consider it feedback!!!! I'm just trying to think ahead to my part and I want to be able to do your painting justice :) He's beautiful- my husband was emotional when he saw your work...looks so much like Dutch. He was quite a character and a part of our family for 17 years....Chris G.
Pat said…
It's been decades since I did any needlework and it's difficult for me to think in those terms, so you're helping me a lot. BTW, I think I've fallen in love with Dutch, wish I had known him....I love him looking at me from the easel.