Meet Lady...






























Some background on the subject of my painting "The Other Light"......
Lady was born and lived her life at a wolf sanctuary. I first came to know her when she was about 5 weeks old...and in the years that followed I spent many treasured moments with her. From a very young age she enjoyed untying my shoes and chewing on them - gently. I thought I would share first of all, the photo that I worked from to make the painting - this is of Lady and her pups. The second is of her laying with me (note the untied shoelaces!), making sure no other wolf came near me....she had claimed me! I took this photo while she was on my legs, so I couldn't get the distance needed for a really good shot. The third is a paw print she left on me one day with muddy feet. These photos were taken before digital cameras were widely available and my photographing skills left a lot to be desired, but they are still among my most prized possessions.

Comments

scus said…
Just a beautiful story !!
Pat said…
It's just a little bit of her story...wish the entire story were so nice, this is the best of it...captive wolves are just that, CAPTIVE. She handled it as well as she could.