A new way of painting...













Last week I watched 2 pair of geese arguing over a nesting site...and am re-creating it in a painting. I am trying something new - working on Gator Board prepared for pastels, instead of just paper, this is a rigid surface....and I underpainted it with the yellowish-brown color you see on there. It will be covered up but I also think it will add something to the painting...we'll see! The board has a rougher surface than I am used to, so it's going to be a challenge to get the good details in the geese. They are in an old pond and swamp at the edge of the woods.......and the geese on the right won the argument!

Comments

scus said…
Never to old to try something new. It does look very good. I just love geese!!
Pat said…
I can't tell you how exciting it was for me when I was there to witness this...and this underpainting thing excites me too....I do love them, they are a constant in our 'wild world'....flying over in the fall and then in the spring to herald the seasons.....seems to me at some point in time we should start going for walks together : )