The agony of defeat....

I am not able to get this blog to accept a picture right now....but I did finish the mural painting and will post it when I can....
After I finished that painting this morning I spent three hours finishing my geese painting and was quite pleased with it. I always take my pastel paintings outside to shake the dust off before framing....I did that....and watched probably the last 5 hours of work on it fall away as dust. So much for the new boards I bought....the cormorant painting did the same thing....after spending so very many hours on these 2 paintings I was heartbroken....and angry. so I will not buy that board again - and will re-do those paintings even better on my wonderful Wallis pastel paper......you could pound on the back of that paper and the pastel won't fall off........

Comments

scus said…
What a absoulte shame, I would have sat down and cried!!! At least you will know not to use that stuff anymore. Sorry !!! :(
Think I would write to company and tell them they are selling crap!!!
Pat said…
Good idea - I still have one, unused, and plan to return it to where I bought it....they were more expensive than my paper. Some people must use them for them to sell them...maybe there's a secret I don't know, but I will certainly never paint on them again. It did break my heart...but I'll redo those paintings soon and then I'll feel better : )