Monday, March 1, 2010
Today I finished the quilt markings and made the shadow a dark blue....but the contrast in the quilt just led your eye right to it so I decided to "play" with it.....I made most of the white a light gray and Dutch just popped out at me! Now I don't want Dutch's gray to be indistinguishable from the gray in the quilt, so I may change the quilt gray to a light blue....and I am going to accentuate the contrast in Dutch. Tomorrow....
Sunday, February 28, 2010
I changed a few things....after experimenting with colors, decided to replace the yellow in the stripe of the quilt with the same green that is in the pattern....to mellow it out....then got rid of the rest of the yellow, decided to stay with the red, green and blues alone to keep the quilt from popping out too much. After the contrast is created around and on Dutch I think this will work better....and I may gray out the back (top) edge also. I started laying in the shadows.....more to come!