September Newsletter - Pat Morris Art

Pat Morris Art September 2014
Greetings and Happy September! What a glorious time of year!
This September finds me filled with inspiration for paintings, after a wonderful time in Maine and Cape Breton in August filled with new inspiration. You can see my photos from the trip here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/patmorrisartist/sets/72157646305464885.
Camping with my cat Pepper worked out great and I am looking forward to returning sometime in the first two weeks of October. My work can now be seen at the Ducktrap Bay Trading Co. in Camden, Maine as well as the Colouratura Fine Art Gallery in Indian Brook, Cape Breton, NS. I also spent time in Jean’s Gift Shop (Cheticamp, Cape Breton, NS) with the owner Lola, who gave me room to paint on my feathers and welcomed Pepper too! I am hoping to be there with her again in October, so come to see me if you are in the area! The hooked rugs of Cheticamp are world-reknowned for their quality and beauty; Lola has many of them there and will even demonstrate her skills as a “hooker”!
So, ‘back in the USA’, I am busy with demos and restocking as well as preparing for a powwow on the first weekend of September and one in October on my return. I will also spend a part of this week (Tuesday – Thursday) at the Brimfield Antique Show, painting feathers in the Meadows. As always, you can track my whereabouts on my show schedule at http://patmorrisartist.com/showschedule2014.html.
This weekend, doing a demo at the Blandford Fair in Blandford, MA, I started a painting of the huge moose that I saw a few weeks ago, pictured below, but still a work-in-progress……and I was thrilled to win a 3rd Prize ribbon for my monarch butterfly painted on a turkey feather that I had entered into their show!
Please remember me as we begin to prepare for the Christmas season; I happily paint commissioned works for gift-giving in all price ranges!
Pat


     

         



          

Comments